WHAT IT IS
As your loved one prepares to come home from the hospital, there’s a lot to think about: new medications, follow-up visits, and more. Transitional care helps you and your loved one navigate the healthcare system for a seamless transition from hospital to home.
Who it’s for
Professional support is important for preventing hospital readmission while ensuring smooth transition as patients return home from hospitalization or rehab, with new and often confusing care instructions. The right transitional care is especially important for patients anxious about the transition.
What it looks like
Our highly trained caregivers can help:
- Assist clients with scheduling and attending follow-up medical appointments
- Provide communication with family, health care professionals
- Help with meal preparation, laundry, light housekeeping
- Assist patient adherence to prescribed regimen
- Assist with personal care services such as bathing, grooming, and personal hygiene
- Identify trip hazard and make home safety recommendations
- Provide companion care services
How it works
As your loved one approaches discharge, our transitional care team will get to work coordinating the details of your loved one’s homecoming, making sure they return with the right information, care, and services.